Friday, February 5, 2010

I spilled HOT PINK nail polish on my very light beige carpet. Any suggestions on how to clean this mess up?

try using nail polish remover???I spilled HOT PINK nail polish on my very light beige carpet. Any suggestions on how to clean this mess up?
Whatever you try, try it on a peice of carpet in the closet first or someplace you can't see. I used nail polish remover (I don't remember if it was acetone or not) and it ate my carpet.I spilled HOT PINK nail polish on my very light beige carpet. Any suggestions on how to clean this mess up?
Use nail polish remover on a dry clean old cloth... put remover on cloth, then blot the hot pink area.. do not rub it will get worse... keep repeating process till stain is removed
Get some nail polish remover that has no acetone in it. It will work cause your carpet is more of a plastic then anything else so use that and it will work good.
I have off white carpet, and I spilled dark red nail polish on it. I used terpentine. It came right out. It left a little bit of a residue, so I got some OxyClean to remove the rest. You cant even tell!! DONT USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER!!! IT WILL MAKE IT WORSE
Non-Acetone nail polish remover. After it dries, spray on some ';Resovle'; high-traffic carpet cleaner, and scrub away until its gone.
oopsie...


my first thought is nail polish remover.





but, someone said 'freezing' in relationship to another nailpolish removal question .


They said freeze it (it was a skirt) and it would possibly peel off.





maybe you could icecube it- frozen.. and see if anything just peels off the top , before going the np-remover route..


what about


turpentine? or Laquer Thinner?





good luck!
This may be a stretch but how about 'nail polish remover'?
Yes that EXACT thing happened to me a while back! ahah but i took paper towels and put nail polish remover on them and scrubbed the stain with it and it disappeared.
Buy a throw rug I did the same thing I tried allot of the things that people have answered your question with, those things just faded the stain, the carpet was never the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment